Sunday, October 7, 2012

Last Leg of the OWH Challenges

This weekend I finished up all my entries for the Crop Chocolate Operation Write Home Blog Hop challenge.  The thing I love about challenges is the chance to stretch my creativity and have some guidelines while I'm stretching.  The first two cards were done for Miwa's challenge -- this was another "use your scraps" challenge and I have no shortage of scraps.  I chose the Quite Contrary collection from My Mind's Eye because I love the bright colors.
The other supplies used are:  SRM sentiment stickers, red/pink Trendy Twine, green/white Twinery baker's twine and Bazzill card stock.
_________________________________________________________________________________
The next challenge was from Kathy who threw down the gauntlet and listed two challenges.  The first was "Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Something Old and Something New".  Challenge #2 was to use 2 colors and bling.  I'm going to double-dip on challenge #2 since the card I made for the last challenge in the hop also fits this description.  Here they are:
 Something Old:  the patterned paper -- My Mind's Eye Good Day Sunshine and the stamps -- Hero Arts "Be Happy" and Katie & Co. "Thinking of You".  Something New:  The aqua twine from Twinery.  Something Borrowed:  the layout inspiration from a card made by Kathy Martin in the August issue of Cards Magazine.  Something Blue: the paper and the twine.  I also used TH Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to ink the edges and stamp the sentiment.


This card for Kathy's Challenge #2.  I used the My Mind's Eye Hattie paper, Authentique Genuine word sentiments "you make me smile", MME Lush brad, and punches from EK Success punch (large heart), Fiskars (scalloped circle) and Creative Memories (circle punch and smaller hearts).
_________________________________________________________________________________
For Jenni's challenge (Use a Stamp and a Punch), I made the "Ewe" are Loved card.  I used paper from My Mind's Eye So Happy Together (yellow polka dot) and Fun Day Everyday (kraft with starbursts).  The stamps were from Basic Grey and the ink was TH Black Soot.  The navy cardstock is Bazzill and the punch is from Fiskars.


And now, drum roll please...
For the final challenge of the Blog Hop, I made a card with an unusual fold. I described it above and listed the materials up there.  Here is the full view so you can see the fold and the insides.  I made 20 cards in all for this Crop Chocolate Blog Hop.  I Hope you like them!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the birds one, but my fav is the last one ... so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are so beautiful!

    Enjoy your new blog, and thank you for joining in the OWH blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards, I am now a follower

    ReplyDelete