Thursday, August 21, 2014

More Experimentation

As mentioned in my last post, I joined the Stretch Your Stamps 2 class recently and have been having some fun trying my hand at stamping.  The techniques shared in the classes are really wonderful and I can't wait to try more of them but, unfortunately, I didn't have much free time in the last two weeks so I only completed three cards.  Here are my two most recent attempts at Stretching my Stamps:

Paper Pieces Stamped Images -- Reindeer Fun:


 I stamped the reindeer on 3 different colors of paper, cut up the pieces, inked them and put them together.  I used a Wink of Stella pen to add some shimmer to the sweater details then popped him up to add some dimension.  I love this technique and will continue to play with it in the future.

Letter Stamping:


I like the technique but don't love the way I executed it.  I created a few words with tiny letter stamps (hugs, love) and then stamped them on the heart.  I didn't really have the right ink for this technique so it's hard to read the words.  The colors are a little odd too.  So let's just chalk this one up to experimentation and try again another day.  I do LOVE the sentiment stamp and how nice it looks embossed with black embossing powder.  I'll do more of that for sure.

I wish I had more time this week to play around with all the fantastic techniques I learned in the class but maybe I can squeeze some time in this weekend for stamping fun.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment